Friday, August 20, 2010

How Long Did It Take For Your Ex-Boyfriend To Call You?

I was dating a guy for about two months. I'm 36, he's 42. Things were going great! We had met online and after the 2nd date, he told me that he wasn't interested in dating anyone else and removed his profile from the online dating site where we met.





He dated his last girlfriend for 1 1/2 years and he broke up with her 4 months ago because her family didn't like him, she wanted kids (he doesn't) and he said the sex wasn't good. Four days ago, he called me and told me that his ex-gf has been calling him and wants to meet up with him. He didn't know if he wanted to meet with her...he really didn't see the point b/c of the issues they had, but he felt bad because she is a really sweet girl. I encouraged him to meet with her to see what she wanted and told him that we couldn't really move forward in our relationship until he resolved issues with her. He has friends coming in town today and they're going to be here for a week. He told me he wanted to wait until after his company was gone to deal with meeting with her. I encouraged him to meet with her before his friends got here, but I'm not sure if he did or not. It's been 4 days since we've spoken. I have not texted, called, or emailed...and he hasn't either. It's hard because I'm so used to hearing from him multiple times a day. I'm sort of in limbo right now...waiting to find out what happens...and although I'm starting to move on, preparing myself for the possibility that he may get back together with her...I'm just wondering...when a guy is dealing with ';an issue';...how long does it usually take before they start calling again? (days, weeks, months)?? What has been your experience??How Long Did It Take For Your Ex-Boyfriend To Call You?
I'm gonna be honest with you. If he is completely certain he wants to pursue something with you and that he has ZERO interest in his ex, he wouldn't have agreed to meet with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment